1. What is the Hong Kong Pub Crawl?
Hong Kong Pub Crawl (or HKPC) is an award-winning tour operator. Our tours are synonymous with fun, off-the-beaten track venues, excellent drink deals, and meeting folks from all over the world.
We are most well-known for our signature Pub Crawl in Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong’s famous (infamous?) bar district. We started the LKF crawl in 2010, and run it every Thursday.
In 2016, we also started a tour in collaboration with the Hong Kong Jockey Club on Wednesdays, where we showcase the iconic horse races in Happy Valley, followed by a pub crawl in the Wan Chai district.
2. When do you offer tours?
We currently have two tours on offer.
Our signature LKF Pub Crawl runs every Thursday, starting at 9pm.
Our Horse Races Crawl runs on Wednesdays, but only when the HKJC organizes horse races. Check in here for available dates.
Every now and then we also have special crawls that aren’t on Wednesday or Thursday, and we also organize private tours. Find out more here.
3. How much does it cost to join?
All our tours are HKD 100 to join, unless you’re wearing an HKPC t-shirt, in which case its free
4. What do I get joining your crawls?
– A team of experienced guides hosting you – Professional photographer to record your epic night out
– Free welcome shot at every bar
– Standard drink deals at all participating bar venues: $40 for 2 beers, $30 cocktails
– Free entry into night club
On top of all of the above, the Horse Races crawl offers the following:
– Free betting guidebook plus tutorial
– Free entry into HKJC
– 1 free beer voucher usable at the HKJC (valued at $50HKD)
– Free entry into the following LKF crawl
5. Do you offer discounts?
Yes, we offer several types of discounts:
– Our t-shirt deal: buy an “HKPC-branded” t-shirt for an extra $100, wear the t-shirt on ANY future crawl and get in FOR FREE. Simply buy one online, or buy from our staff on the night
– Group discounts (only for online purchases, and enquire here)
– Every now and then we have special discounts and events open to the public, check out our calendar here
6. Who is this event for?
We welcome people from all walks of life, whether you’re a backpacker, exchange student, local, lone-traveler, you name it.
7. Why should I join?
– Value for money (to put in perspective, a typical bar in LKF sells cocktails and beers for 3-4 times the prices on our tours, and clubs usually charge an “entrance” fee – come with us and its free!)
– Meet friends from all over the world
– Experience iconic Hong Kong activities (LKF and Horse Races)
– Have your epic night out photographed
8. What’s the itinerary for the night, and which bars do you go to?
In general, we stay at each bar for just shy of 1 hour (allowing time to travel from bar to bar).
Our policy is to NOT disclose the bars that we attend until the night of the crawl to encourage all guests to be on time and arrive before we head off to the second bar. Each bar is specially hand-picked by our team, is off-the-beaten-track, and we rotate between a large roster of bars each week.
9. Where do I meet for the crawls?
Guests start showing up from 9pm at our first bar.
See here for our booking page, which shows a google map to our first bar.
Guests meet up from 7pm onwards at our first bar.
See here for our booking page, which shows a google map to our first bar.
10. Wasn’t there an 8pm roof-top start option for Thursdays?
The 8pm roof-top pick up option is no longer available. The RED Bar at IFC is a great spot to see the 8pm lights – guests are welcome to meet there if they’re early to check out the light show but should make their own way to the first bar, Boomshack.
11. What if I’m late and you’ve moved on to the next bar?
Do try your best to be on time – sometimes our bars are in really tucked away places and super hard to find. However, if you really can’t help yourself, shoot us a message on Facebook and we’ll either send you the location of our next bar or try our best to come pick you up.
12. Can you take us to the first bar from my hostel?
We arrange pick-ups from most of the leading hostels in Hong Kong to the first bars of our tours. Do ask your hostel if they have this service and if not they should get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Do I need to book?
Booking is not compulsory, and you’re welcome to show up and pay at our first bar. However, we encourage all guests to book online so we have a better indication of numbers. Our tickets are also available for sale from most of the leading hostels in Hong Kong, so if you’re staying in a hostel, check in to see if you can just get tickets there if not they should get in touch with us on email@example.com.
14. How do I pay?
Either pay online, or with cash on the night. If you’re reading this you may as well book online as the entire process will take you less than 5 minutes, and comes with a voucher containing helpful info. Save your cash for the drinks!
14. Is there a dress code?
Within reason, anything is suitable. We ask guys to not wear shorts or flip-flops to avoid problems at our final club.
15. Do I need to bring ID?
Better to be safe than sorry!
16. How many people normally attend?
Our crowd size varies each week, averaging 70-120 most weeks on Thursdays, and 30 – 60 on Wednesdays. Our current record is 250 people and waiting to be beaten!
17. What if it rains?
We run the Thursday crawl, rain, hail or shine. Even in typhoons. For Wednesdays we follow policies of the Hong Kong Jockey Club.
19. Can I get a refund?
We have a strict no refund policy due to third-party transaction complications. However, customers are more than welcome to transfer their voucher for use at a future crawl. If you would like to transfer your voucher, please click here.
1. My organization/company/sports team are in town, we have a large group/won’t be able to make the Wednesday or Thursday crawl – would you be able to organize something for us?
Definitely! We offer private tours for a very wide range of groups and events, from company icebreakers to stag nights, as well as hen parties. Take the stress out of organizing by letting us do the job. After all, Hong Kong’s nightlife is meant to be enjoyed. To set up your private tour, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. We’re a bar and want to work with you guys! What do I need to know?
We’re currently working with numerous bars located in both Lan Kwai Fong and Wanchai to bring the best drinks deals to our guests. If you’re interested in working with us, send us an email at email@example.com.
2. We’re a hostel/hotel and want to work with you guys! What do I need to know?
We already work with a large number of accommodation providers in Hong Kong and Kowloon. We also provide a free pick-up service for guests going to our crawls. The crawls are a crowd-favorite among travelers, your guests will definitely have a good time! Find out more about us as a business here, or drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can add value to your business today!
3. We’re an online travel agency and want to sell your events on our website! What do I need to know?
Awesome! If you’re interested in working with us, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
4. We’re a sponsor/partner/etc and want to collaborate with you guys! What do I need to know?
If you’re interested in collaborating with us, don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.